Pet Loss Support Group
Participant Consent Form
I understand that the Sacramento SPCA provides bereavement support rather than therapy or counseling. As a participant in the group, I will respect the confidentiality of all information shared by other members. I also expect that what I discuss will be held in strict confidence by the facilitator(s) and other participants.
- Information shared will be held in confidence except when the following legal limitations apply:
- The participant threatens bodily injury to another group member.
- The participant is suicidal.
- There is reasonable suspicion that abuse or neglect toward a child or dependent adult has or will occur.
- Ordered by a court.
- The client provides written permission to disclose information.
- A Worker’s Compensation claim has been filed.