Join Our Lifesaving Team!
Want to change the lives of animals and the people who love them? We’re looking for individuals that want to join our 130-year mission of providing animals in our community with individual care, shelter, and love.
The Sacramento SPCA offers professional development, career
growth, and a fun, supportive atmosphere (plus lots of
opportunities to snuggle furry friends!) We offer competitive
salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a workplace
culture that embraces our core values.
At the Sacramento SPCA, we work to support our DREAMS culture every day by utilizing our most valuable resource – our PEOPLE to:
D – Deliver excellent service
R – Recognize opportunities
E – Educate ourselves and others
A – Advance compassion
M – Make meaningful relationships
S – Save lives
The Sacramento SPCA offers career opportunities that span a wide variety of departments and interests, including:
- Wellness/Vaccine Clinic
- Spay/Neuter Clinic
- Shelter Medicine
- Adoption Counseling
- Animal Intake
- Animal Care Operations
- Behavior and Training
- Humane Education
- Marketing & Community Engagement
- Development & Special Events
- Support Services
The Sacramento SPCA provides comprehensive employee benefits as part of our total compensation program after 60 days of employment.
- Medical – 100% of the employee cost for the base medical plans paid by SSPCA
- Dental – 100% of the employee cost paid by SSPCA
- Vision – 100% of the employee cost paid by SSPCA
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan – ComPsych Guidance Resources
- Paid vacation time based on years of active service:
- First day – One year of employment — accrual of 88 hours of vacation per year
- Two – Four years — accrual of 144 hours of vacation per year
- Five years and thereafter — accrual of 200 hours of vacation per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Birthday Holiday
- California Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families sick leave
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Simplified Employee Pension Plan – employer contribution for employees after two years of service (discretionary percentage of annual employee wage)
- Discounted veterinary care for employee-owned animals
Sacramento SPCA Employee Benefit Plan Information for Transparency in Coverage Rule:
Access machine readable files (MRF’s) provided by Western Health Advantage and Kaiser Permanente, the health insurance carriers and/or health maintenance organizations that the Sacramento SPCA has contracted with to provide its employee health benefit plans in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
We Welcome Everyone
Sacramento SPCA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome all applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All prospective employees will be required to submit to a background check done through the Sacramento SPCA prior to employment. The positions listed are open until removed from the opportunities page.
Questions? Write: HR@sspca.org