Animals are terrific friends. They energize our walks, enrich our lives, make us laugh and bring us unconditional love and peace of mind. And to top it off, medical studies have shown that pets are literally good for our health!
At the Sacramento SPCA we want to ensure the continued relationship between our local area seniors and their pets so they can maintain their special bond.
Here are just some of the benefits we offer to those age 65 and over:
Free vaccine clinics
The Sacramento SPCA offers free vaccinations for pets of seniors over the age of 65. The Sacramento SPCA’s Vaccination clinic is now available BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please click here to request an appointment.
- Animals must be spayed or neutered - please bring documentation that animal has been altered (spayed/neutered).
- Clients must present a government-issued ID.
- There is a four pet maximum per household for each clinic (no litters of puppies or kittens, please).
- Free core vaccinations include – for Dogs: DHPP and Rabies; Cats: FVRCP and Rabies.
- We offer a 20% discount on all other senior services (microchips, spay/neuter, non-core vaccinations, etc.
Call (916) 504-2824 for more information.
Adoption fees waived
The adoption fee is waived for seniors over the age of 65 adopting an animal five years or older. A 20% adoption fee discount will be applied for seniors adopting an animal under 5 years of age, with the exception of puppies. (Puppies under 7 months of age do not qualify for a discount.)
Adoption center retail store discounts
Twenty percent off of items in our shelter retail store.
Behavior & Training Discounts
We offer senior discounts on all behavior and training services including group classes, behavior seminars, and private consultations.
Love on Loan
Our volunteers bring their own certified pets to senior and special care facilities to visit with residents. For more information call (916) 504-2847.
Free estate planning seminar/Pet Guardian program
These seminars, offered quarterly, will review wills, trusts, probate and tax laws and will also include information about how to care for your pet in the event you are no longer here. Call our Development Office at 916-504-2805 for more information.