Feral/Community Cat Program
In preparation for your visit, please check our hours of operation for any special updates.
SUNDAY CLINIC APPOINTMENTS
The Sacramento SPCA holds Feral Cat Spay/Neuter Clinics four Sundays per month. These clinics are specifically for feral and free-roaming cats that have been trapped the day before the clinic, and are not intended for pet cats. The price is $20* per cat and includes spay/neuter, a mandatory ear tip, FVRCP and rabies vaccinations, and flea and earmite treatment if needed. To reserve one or more spots at one of these clinics, you may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Unless the cat is trapped in Sacramento County, then the fee has been sponsored.
MONDAY – SATURDAY DROP-INS
Trapped feral cats may also be brought to the Sacramento SPCA Spay/Neuter Clinic, Monday through Saturday without an appointment.
- Space at these clinics is limited; therefore, we will only accept one trapped cat per household.
- For a limited time only, we are only accepting up to 10 trapped feral cats per day. The feral cat must be in a safe, humane cat trap and covered with a small blanket or towel - those who bring feral/community cats in a carrier may be turned away. Once we have reached our 10 community/feral cat walk-in maximum, we will post a sign in order to let additional trappers know that we have reached our walk-in maximum for the day.
- Surgery spaces will be allotted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Beginning August 15, 2022, all Monday through Saturday drop-ins have been sponsored and spay/neuter (along with FVRCP and rabies vaccinations; a mandatory ear tip; and ear mite or flea treatment if needed) will be FREE for all Sacramento County community cats, thanks to the Sacramento SPCA Feline Spay and Neuter Fund.
- We will start accepting walk-ins at 7:00 AM – 7:15 AM. Please line up in a single file line in front of our cat lobby door, please maintain 6ft apart from one another. (If you arrive later than 7:15 AM, you will have to wait until 8:30 AM to check-in, if we have not already reached our maximum. We are unable to accept any cats after 9am.)
Other Feral Cat Resources
- Sacramento Feral Resources, a website linked to many organizations including animal shelters and rescue organizations throughout Sacramento as well as neighboring counties.
- Coalition for Community Cats, a Sacramento area feral cat group.
- Sacramento Area Animal Coalition
- Alley Cat Allies, a national feral cat resource group. Extensive information on everything relating to feral cats and TNR.