Halloween Safety Tips!
Keep your pets happy and healthy on this spooky holiday!
The candy bowl is for trick-or-treaters, not Scruffy or Fluffy. Several popular Halloween treats are toxic to pets, especially chocolate in all forms and some sugar-free candies containing the artificial sweetener xylitol.
While a carved jack-o-lantern certainly is festive, curious pets can easily knock over a lit pumpkin and start a fire or get burned.
We are all for dressing up, but please check your pet’s costume carefully for small, dangling or easily chewed-off pieces that could present a choking hazard. Ill-fitting outfits can get twisted on external objects or your pet, leading to injury.
Stress & Identification
Increased activity and too many strangers arriving at the door can often be scary and stressful for pets. Consider keeping your pets in a separate room away from the front door and make sure your pet is wearing proper identification in the event they do escape during the festivities.