Feral/Community Cat Program
All Sunday clinics have been sponsored and spay/neuter will be FREE for all Sacramento County feral/community cats through 2020! An appointment is required.
SUNDAY CLINIC APPOINTMENTS
The Sacramento SPCA holds Feral Cat Spay/Neuter Clinics four Sundays per month. These clinics are specifically for feral and free-roaming cats that have been trapped the day before the clinic, and are not intended for pet cats. The price is $20* per cat and includes spay/neuter, a mandatory ear tip, FVRCP and rabies vaccinations, and flea and earmite treatment if needed. To reserve one or more spots at one of these clinics, you may e-mail us at email@example.com or leave a message at (916) 504-2818.
*Unless the cat is trapped in Sacramento County, then the fee has been sponsored.
MONDAY – SATURDAY DROP-INS
Trapped feral cats may also be brought to the Sacramento SPCA Spay/Neuter Clinic, Monday through Saturday without an appointment.
- Space at these clinics is limited; therefore, we will only accept one trapped cat per household.
- For a limited time only, we are only accepting up to 5 trapped feral cats per day.
- Surgery spaces will be allotted on a first-come, first-served basis. The price is $50 per cat and includes spay/neuter, FVRCP and rabies vaccinations, and a mandatory ear tip.
- The drop-off time is 8:55 AM (no earlier) and pick-up is between 4PM and 5PM the same day. Upon arrival, please call (916) 504-2810 to check in for your drop off. If you get an automated message, please hang up, and call again. If you call and we haven’t reached our maximum of 5 ferals, we will take down your name and phone number and give you further instructions. If you call and we have already accepted 5 ferals, we will ask you to try again the next day.
- The feral cat must be in a safe, humane cat trap and covered with a small blanket or towel (we cannot accept ferals brought to us not in a trap. Please see our Trap Loan Program for more information.
Other Feral Cat Resources
- Sacramento Feral Resources, a website linked to many organizations including animal shelters and rescue organizations throughout Sacramento as well as neighboring counties.
- Coalition for Community Cats, a Sacramento area feral cat group.
- Sacramento Area Animal Coalition
- Alley Cat Allies, a national feral cat resource group. Extensive information on everything relating to feral cats and TNR.