Thank you very much for choosing to have your animal altered. Spaying and neutering will provide your animal with greater comfort and health for years to come.
The following information is vital to ensure your pet’s safety during surgery, and also to ensure that the appointment process goes smoothly.
- Do not feed your pet after midnight (or 12 a.m.) the night before the animal is scheduled for surgery.
- Water is fine until 7 a.m. the day of surgery.
- Rabbits MUST continue to eat/drink regularly (no fasting). Please bring your rabbit’s favorite food the morning of surgery.
- Dogs must arrive on a leash or in a carrier; cats must arrive in a carrier. If you do not have a carrier, a cardboard cat box may be purchased ahead of time at the clinic.
- Drop-off time for all spay/neuter appointments is between 7:15 and 8 a.m.
- You will need to fill out paperwork the morning of your appointment. Please schedule your morning accordingly as it will take about 30-45 minutes for check in process.
- Persons checking in or picking up animals must be at least 18 years of age.
- Pick-up time is between 4 and 5 p.m. on the same day of your pet’s surgery.
- Optional: You may want to groom your pets before their appointment dates as they should not bathe for 14 days after surgery.
You will incur the following charges if your pet is not picked up before 5 p.m.
- Fifteen minutes past 5 p.m. — $15.00 per animal.
- Thirty minutes past 5 p.m. — $30.00 per animal.
- Additional fees will be assessed for each day the animal is left at the clinic.
Contact us at (916) 383-7387 if you have any questions.