It’s Time for Summer Camp!
…From the comfort of your home.
Our traditional Camp Kindness is designed to foster awareness and compassion for animals and includes games, crafts, tours, guest speakers, animal-related education, and discussions. Because we do not have the capacity to hold in-person Camp Kindness this summer due to the new COVID-19 protocols, we are bringing camp – and all of its fun activities – to you! The Kindness-In-A-Box program includes activities designed to keep your children engaged and having fun for 1-2 hours per day for 5 days.
What’s in the Box:
- Individualized craft kits
- Camp T-shirt
- Outdoor activities
- Pet toy materials and instructions
- Humane Education-themed book
- USB flash drive with short videos (including Sacramento SPCA tour, guest presentations)
- Paw Pal instructions (each child can become a pen pal to a shelter animal)
- Activity Book
- An optional schedule for each day
- We will hand deliver the boxes to your doorstep between 9am-1pm the weekend before your camp starts and you will be greeted by a shelter animal of your choice (dog, kitten or small animal)*
- There will be an optional virtual meeting held on the Tuesday of their camp week on Zoom. Sporting their camp t-shirt, your child will be able to interact with the other campers in their camp session, help select a group name for their camp, play a game and maybe even meet a shelter animal!
- On the Friday of their camp week, Sacramento SPCA staff will pick up enrichment toys and Paw Pal activities
- Kindness-in-a-Box fee: $100
Questions? Contact our Humane Education Coordinator Kaeli Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (916) 504-2849
*Hand deliveries available to Sacramento County residents only. Those outside Sacramento County can arrange for a pick up at the Sacramento SPCA.
Thank you to Gilmore Heating, Air & Plumbing for sponsoring the Camp Kindness program for 2020!
|Week||Age Group||Camp Dates||Registration||Registration Closes||Scholarship Closes|
|1||7-9||July 6th-10th||FULL||June 29th||FULL|
|2||10-12||July 13th-17th||Closed||July 6th||Closed|
|3||7-9||July 20th-14th||FULL||July 13th||Closed|
|4||10-12||July 27th-31st||FULL||July 20th||FULL|
|5||7-9||August 3rd-7th||Closed||July 27th||Closed|
|6||10-12||August 10th- 14th||Closed||August 3rd||Closed|
Financial assistance is available for children of low-income families through Gilmore Heating, Air & Plumbing. Click here for scholarship application!