Intermediate Dog Training
You and your dog will work with distractions — sit/stay, down/stay, and come, longer attention to name, heeling on leash, tricks, and more!
This class will also prepare you and your dog to pass the American Kennel Club’s Canine Good Citizen exam — offered right here at the Sacramento SPCA Training Center.
1. Basic class or proven abilities in the following areas with distractions or other dogs around:
- Sit/stay and down/stay from six feet away for 25-30 seconds
- Come when called from 30 feet away using a long line
- Wait at the door
- Walk politely on leash
- Pay attention (i.e. responds immediately when you want him to check in with you)
2. If your dog attended basic training somewhere other than the Sacramento SPCA Training Center you’ll need to attend our orientation session prior to the start of your Thursday night intermediate class. Your options are the Tuesday, or Wednesday from 7–9 p.m. Please respond to your class confirmation email with your orientation choice as soon as possible.
- $75 for the entire six-week session if you’ve completed the prerequisites at the Sacramento SPCA Training Center;
- $80 for those who completed prerequisites elsewhere;
- $75 for seniors age 65 and older.
January/February Session Classes
|CLASS NAME||WEEK DAY||CLASS DATES||CLASS TIMES|
|Intermediate||Monday||January 15 – February 19||6:15 – 7:15 PM||Class Full|
|Intermediate||Thursday||January 18 – February 22||7:30 – 8:30 PM||Class Full|
For more information or to obtain a printed enrollment form, please email the training center.