What you need to know about same-day appointments
In an effort to create the best adoption experience for both the people and pets visiting our shelter, adoptions will be processed by appointment only.
How does the appointment process work?
- If you see an animal you would like to meet, you can schedule a same-day appointment by clicking the appointment link for dogs, cats or small animals.
- New appointment times to meet adoptable animals will be posted daily at 9:00AM and tend to fill up quickly. Please check back often for openings in the schedule due to cancellations.
- Animals are available for adoption on a first-come, first-served basis. Please check the website before you arrive for you appointment to be sure the animal you are interested in is still available. If the animal has already been adopted (removed from the website) and you do not wish to meet with a different animal, please cancel your appointment.
- Upon arrival, our shelter staff will let you know what animals are available and any special considerations the animal might have.
- Once you have finished a counsel and an animal meet-and-greet, you will be able to take your new furry friend home!
How many appointment times are available each day?
- The number of appointments each day will vary depending on availability of adoptable animals and staff.
The appointments fill up quickly after going live at 9:00AM – how can I secure an appointment time?
- We recommend that you click on the appointment link before 9:00AM to register/login to your account profile, which requires you verify your new account via email the first time you sign in. You’ll only have to do this once, but taking care of this step in advance will allow you to quickly choose an appointment time at 9:00AM.
Can I place a hold on a specific animal?
- Animals are available for adoption on a first-come, first-served basis. Please check the website before you arrive for your appointment to be sure the animal you are interested in is still available. If the animal has already been adopted (removed from the website) and you do not wish to meet with a different animal, please cancel your appointment.
Will I be able to meet multiple animals during my visit?
- To keep the process streamlined for our adopters, we ask that you have an idea about which animal you wish to meet with before you arrive (from viewing adoptable animals and their bios on our website). If the animal you are interested in is adopted before you arrive or it is not a good fit for your family, our adoption staff can assist you with meeting a different animal.
How do I schedule an appointment if I do not have a home computer or smartphone with internet access?
- If you are not able to access our website from an internet connected device that either you, a family member or a friend owns, please contact our adoption center at (916) 504-2854.