Reports To: Customer Care Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies, acting as lead, coordinating work and training volunteers, as well as performing additional clerical duties.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answers telephones and resolves issues or directs the caller to the appropriate associate. Will transfer a caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable and receptionist is unable to answer the question.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Provides back up for Development Department staff
- Prepares correspondence of non-sensitive material for Administration staff
- Act as lead for Volunteers working the front desk, answering questions, providing guidance and training, coordinating the downloading of various voicemails for a variety of departments and coordinating other projects.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.