Animal Intake Associate – Part Time
Job Title: Animal Intake Associate
Part Time – Receiving
Department: Animal Intake
Reports To: Animal Intake Supervisor/Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Monday and Tuesday 10:30am-2:30pm; Friday and Saturday 9:30am -6:30pm
It is the responsibility of the Animal Intake Associate to assist the public with animal surrender services and answer questions and concerns. Individuals in this classification state and clarify the Sacramento SPCA policies and procedures to the public and are expected to maintain a positive and receptive environment for those customers visiting or calling the Sacramento SPCA.
Starting salary for this position is $13.18 – $17.83/hour
The schedule for this position is:
Sunday from 9:30AM – 6:30PM
Monday from 7:00AM – 4:00PM
Tuesday/Wednesday – OFF
Friday/Saturday/Sunday from 9:30AM – 6:30PM
Essential Job Functions:
- Precisely records incoming animals in the prescribed manner.
- Communicates to the public, the principles that convey and impart an understanding of the policies and procedures of the Sacramento SPCA.
- Answers public telephone calls in a professional manner, routes inquiries to the proper person/department and initiates written messages for follow up.
- Provides accurate information and friendly professional service to the public and to co-workers in a positive, courteous, truthful and tactful manner.
- Rinses, scrubs, mops and disinfects animal cages, hallways, floors, walls and isolation/quarantine areas; cleans water and food dishes and related kennel equipment and facilities.
- Performs or assists with the euthanasia of animals by injection as required.
- Type and enter data at a rate of 40 words per minute with minimal errors.
- Must be punctual and maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.