The We Pay to Spay program offers free spay/neuter surgery for pit bulls and pit bull mixes by appointment only.
Important information regarding scheduling your appointment
- You must be a resident of Sacramento County. Proof of residency is required.
- Surgery appointments are limited and scheduled only for Tuesdays.
- Applications for appointment are only accepted on the fifth of the month.
- To be considered, you must call on that day and leave a voicemail with the following:
- Your full name
- Two phone numbers
- Your zip code
- Your dog’s:
- Appointments fill up within a few hours. Please call early.
- Given the number of inquiries we receive, it may take until the end of the month to return your call.
To schedule an appointment, please call (916) 504-2817 on the fifth of the month, regardless if it’s a weekend or holiday.
Call (916) 504-2825 at anytime to schedule an appointment. Proof of residency is required.
Please note services for residents in the above zip codes will only be offered for a limited time. Please call to schedule your appointment as soon as possible.