Camp Kindness at the Sacramento SPCA is a fun-filled way for kids to learn more about dogs, cats and other companion animals. Designed to foster awareness about animals, Camp Kindness will include games, crafts, tours, guest speakers, animal-related education, professional demonstrations, veterinary observation, discussions, and plenty of fun! Camp Kindness takes place at the Sacramento SPCA, 6201 Florin Perkins Rd.
Sessions are held three times a year:
1. Spring session: During spring holiday recess
2. Summer session: All sessions (except for Session 4) run 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Session 1: June 13-17 (Ages 10-12) FULL
- Session 2: June 20-24 (Ages 7-9) FULL
- Session 3: June 27-July 1 (Ages 10-12) FULL
- Session 4: July 5-8 (Ages 5-6) *New offering this year! Hours for this session only will be 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Session 5: July 11-15 (Ages 7-9) FULL
- Session 6: July 18-22 (Ages 10-12) FULL
- Session 7: July 25-29 (Ages 7-9)
- Session 8: August 1-5 (Ages 13-15)
Fee: $185 (Session 4 fee: $148)
Financial aid available for those who qualify.
Applications now available here.
3. Winter session: During the winter holiday recess
Financial assistance is available for children of low-income families through the Bobbie Wortell Education Program. Detailed information is included with the application for each session.
For more information on Camp Kindness, call or email the Sacramento SPCA Humane Education Manager at (916) 504-2849.