End of life care for your pet may leave you with many questions. At the Sacramento SPCA, we can help. We provide a variety of services and resources to help you through this process.
We encourage you to bring your pet’s favorite blanket or another comfort from home to provide him/her that extra added peace during his/her passing.
- Euthanasia without owner present, by appointment only. Please call (916) 504-2851. Cost – $50. We are no longer accepting email appointments for euthanasia services. Payment by cash or debit/credit only (no checks please).
- Emergency euthanasia without appointment, without owner present, available 12 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. Cost – $100. Payment by cash or debit/credit only (no checks please).
- Euthanasia with owner present, appointment necessary.* Please call (916) 504-2851. Cost – $110 payable by cash, credit or debit only (no checks please). Additional fee required to offset the cost of suspending our regular animal care services to provide you the privacy to say goodbye to your pet. Note: we only allow two people over the age of 12 years in the examination room during owner present euthanasia. We are no longer accepting email appointments for euthanasia services.
- Valid ID required.
- Please bring your veterinarian’s diagnoses to confirm the euthanasia reason. If one is not provided, the Sacramento SPCA retains the right to deny the euthanasia request.
- We’re not able to offer pick-up or in-home services.
- If you would like to keep your pet’s ashes please review our cremation services.
A local pet loss support group is also available. Click here for more information.
*Please note: Although we understand that other household pets need time to say goodbye, they will not be allowed in the room while euthanasia is being performed.
Prices are determined by your pet’s weight and are subject to change. Please note these fees are in addition to euthanasia fees, and unfortunately, we cannot offer installment plans for these services. Payment is accepted in the form of cash, credit or debit only (no checks please). Services provided in partnership with Koefran.
- Under or at two pounds — $110
- Three to 49 pounds — $165
- Fifty to 99 pounds — $200
- One hundred pounds or more — $285
Ashes come in a cedar urn and will be available in up to six weeks time.
The following services are also offered:
- Engraving on the urn (first two lines) — $25
- Each additional engraved line — $10
- A print of your pet’s paw — $59
The Sacramento SPCA is here for you and your pet. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have during this time in your pet’s life.