End of life care for your pet may leave you with many questions. At the Sacramento SPCA, we can help. We provide a variety of services to help you through this process.
- Both services provided from 12 p.m.. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday.
- Valid ID required.
- We’re not able to offer pick-up or in-home services.
- If you would like to keep your pet’s ashes please review our cremation services.
A local pet loss support group is also available. Click here for more information.
1. Euthanasia, with owner present (appointment necessary) — $110
Please call us at (916) 504-2851 to make an appointment for owner present euthanasia. We are closed on Mondays, Tuesday and Holidays. We cannot make same day appointments.
The additional fee required for owner present euthanasia is to offset the cost of suspending our regular animal care services to provide you the privacy to say goodbye to your pet.
We only allow two people over the age of 12 years in the examination room during owner present euthanasia.
We encourage you to bring your pet’s favorite blanket or another comfort from home to provide him/her that extra added peace during his/her passing.
2. Euthanasia, without owner present (no appointment necessary) — $50
Please note: Although we understand that other household pets need time to say goodbye, they will not be allowed in the room while euthanasia is being performed.
Prices are determined by your pet’s weight and subject to change. Please note these are in addition to euthanasia fees, and unfortunately, we cannot offer installment plans for these services. Services provided in partnership with Koefran.
- Under or at two pounds — $110
- Three to 49 pounds — $165
- Fifty to 99 pounds — $200
- One hundred pounds or more — $285
Ashes come in a cedar urn and will be available in up to six weeks time.
The following services are also offered:
- Engraving on the urn (first two lines) — $25
- Each additional engraved line — $10
- A print of your pet’s paw — $59
The Sacramento SPCA is here for you and your pet. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have during this time in your pet’s life.