Job Title: Receptionist
Reports To: Executive Assistant/Facilities Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Full-Time)
General Summary: Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies, acting as lead, coordinating work and training volunteers, as well as performing additional clerical duties.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answers telephones and resolves issues or directs the caller to the appropriate associate. Will transfer a caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable and receptionist is unable to answer the question.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Provides back up for Development Department staff
- Prepares correspondence of non-sensitive material for Administration staff
- Act as lead for Volunteers working the front desk, answering questions, providing guidance and training, coordinating the downloading of various voicemails for a variety of departments and coordinating other projects.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be punctual and maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Provides accurate information and friendly professional service to the public and to coworkers in a responsive, positive, courteous, truthful and tactful manner.
- Maintains standards of conduct (see employee handbook) and does not participate in gossip, and has the ability to follow the chain of command and work well with others.
- Treats all animals humanely, with compassion and concern, both on and off the job and transmits these values to others.
- Attends training as required by the Executive Assistant/Facilities Manager to increase skill level.