Animal Intake Supervisor
Job Title: Animal Intake Supervisor
Department: Animal Intake
Reports To: Customer Care Manager, Animal Services Practice Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Entry Salary: $14/hour DOE
The Animal Intake Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of the Intake Department staff. This position works hand in hand with the staff providing exceptional customer service to the public, volunteers, and co-workers. This position also has significant responsibility in supervising and coordinating the day-to-day functions of the department staff by ensuring each associate is reaching their targeted performance goals. The Animal Intake Supervisor serves as the subject matter expert for our animal control contracts.
Essential Job Functions
1. Prepares daily office work assignments, lunch and break schedules, and other projects as needed.
2. Reviews the work of the Intake Department staff under the guidelines set by the SSPCA and ensures that accurate and timely information is performed and available. Understands the dynamics of the change process and assists the Customer Care Manager to ensure that all office activities are reviewed and modified in an effective and efficient manner.
3. Works collaboratively with Animal Services staff and other shelter personnel to achieve a clean, healthy, and sanitary environment for the customers we serve.
4. Provides accurate information and friendly professional service to the public and to coworkers in a responsive, positive, courteous, truthful and tactful manner and ensures that others working in the reception area of the Intake Department do so as well.
5. Responds to sensitive and difficult complaints from the public, staff, and volunteers and attempts to resolve conflict situations in a professional manner. Sets an example of professionalism to subordinates and enforces policies and procedures as it relates to the Intake Department.
6. Responsible for all financial daily paperwork. Ensures that all revenue is kept secure, and all records pertaining to revenue are turned in at the end of each workday.
7. Performs or assists with the euthanasia of animals in accordance with established laws and SSPCA policy; disposes of the euthanized animal in accordance with established SSPCA procedures.
8. Responsible for monthly statistical reporting of revenue, animal counts, or any other reports needed as determined by the CEO.
9. Acts as a trainer for new staff members in the Intake Department. Keeps existing staff members up to date on training for policies and procedures of the SSPCA.
10. Ability to type and enter data at a rate of 40 words per minute with minimal errors.
11. Must be punctual and maintain regular, predictable attendance.
12. Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.