Accounting Technician – Part Time
Job Title: Accounting Technician (Part-Time)
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Part-Time, 20 hours per week, schedule to be determined)
General Summary: Performs a variety of accounting duties.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in processing a variety of accounting transactions including deposits and expenses in accordance with department procedures.
- Maintains accounting files.
- Scans accounting documents for archival purposes.
- Checks and verifies accounting data.
- Inputs data into computerized accounting system and utilizes system to research questions and to generate reports.
- Matches invoices/statements with supporting documentation such as purchase orders and receipts.
- Reviews general ledger coding of transactions to be in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Manages due dates on invoices to accommodate cash flow needs.
- Must be punctual and maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Assists with Special Events of the Organization usually helping lead in the cashiering area.
- Completes special projects to assist with accounting needs of Department
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides accurate information and friendly professional service to the public and to coworkers in a responsive, positive, courteous, truthful and tactful manner.
- Maintains standards of conduct (see employee handbook) and does not participate in gossip, and has the ability to follow the chain of command and work well with others.
- Treats all animals humanely, with compassion and concern, both on and off the job and transmits these values to others.
- Attends training as required.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
Preferred Education and Experience:
High school graduate or GED equivalent.