|| Thrift Store Floor Merchandiser/Sorter – Part-Time
||Adoptable Goods Sacramento CA
Job Title: Thrift Store Floor Merchandiser/Sorter
Department: Sacramento SPCA Thrift Store/Community Services
Reports To: Store Manager/Community Services Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is primarily responsible for sorting incoming donations for quality and appropriate pricing per pre-existing guidelines. Secondary job responsibilities will include the displaying of merchandise in the store, rotating stock, some cleaning and maintenance, customer service, and sales. Occasional cashiering may also be required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sorts incoming donations for quality and proper pricing.
- Tag, mark/sign, hang, organize, straighten, and stock, donations.
- Creates and maintains sales floor displays for daily operations and seasonal events, under the direction of the store manager.
- Ensures merchandise is rotated constantly to prevent over-crowding and over population of stagnant product. This includes proper mark-downs of older merchandise.
- Helps monitor merchandise prices for consistency, competitor-reports, over or under value, and sales.
- Occasional cashiering. Ability to make correct change and follow accounting procedures.
- Must always present a courteous, friendly and helpful attitude to all customers, volunteers, and staff. Must not participate in gossiping or triangulation.
- Must be punctual, maintain regular, predictable attendance, and be adaptable to schedule changes based on the needs of the store.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety, be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules, and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
To review full job description and apply, click the link below:
This job listing was created using Job Manager for WordPress, by Tom Townsend.